Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Life That's Chosen Me


The Life that's Chosen Me

by Missy Wharton on Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 11:06am
We had such expectations, we would soon be giving birth! To the next Chopan the next Einstein, the greatest child on earth. And we'd be the perfect family, soon we'd have the perfect kid. We'd never have a challenge or a problem God forbid. Oh but life had different plans. So I need for you to understand. Don't desert me, don't ignore. I need friends now more than I ever did before. Show compassion but please don't pity me. I'm a parent just like you it's true. But I have Special Needs. I need you to notice that my life's different from yours. I need you not to judge me don't compare and don't keep score. I'd love an extra pair of hands or just a hug or two. I need you to acknowledge that i carry more than you. Got the world here on my back. So I just thought I would ask. Don't desert me. Don't ignore. I need friends now more than I ever did before. What you take for granted comes so hard for me. I'm a parent just like you it's true. But I have Special Needs. I need answers I need help. It's so much work. And a miracle or two sure wouldn't hurt.Don't desert me, don't ignore. I need friends now more than I ever did before. It's not the life that I have chosen but it's the life that's chosen me. I'm a parent just like you it's true. But I have special needs. Oh I have special needs. I need someone to listen, oh I need you to care! Oh I need your understanding. I need you just to be there. I need your friendship. Or maybe a hug or two. Oh God I need a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment